5-a-Day Butter Bean & Chorizo Bake
I had a fridge full of various vegetables and a tin of butter beans so this 5-a-Day Butter Bean & Chorizo Bake was the result and I have to say that all plates were cleaned with vigour.
This dish is like a rainbow and delicious with some wholemeal buttered crusty bread. Just scoop on and enjoy! To make this dish vegetarian simply omit the chorizo or substitute with vegetarian sausage.
Try this 5-a-Day Butter Bean & Chorizo with your own combination of vegetables or herbs. A great way to clear out the fridge from those odds and sods that get left over.
5 A Day Butterbean & Chorizo Bake
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 75 g chorizo finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 1 large leek sliced
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 large courgette sliced
- 150 g / 6oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 x 400g tin butterbeans
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp rosemary freshly chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 slices stale wholemeal bread
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Gently fry the onion, garlic, chorizo, carrot and leek for 4 minutes in the oil.
- Add the celery, mushrooms and courgettes and fry for a further 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an oven proof serving dish.
- Make topping by whizzing up bread with paprika, parmesan and olive oil.
- Spread over top and bake for 15 minutes until topping is crispy.