Today I’m sharing Bacon, Leek & Pine Nut Pasta!
The other day I’d taken some bacon out of the freezer for the evening meal thinking I’d do a pasta dish. That evening I realised that I also had a packet of leeks begging to be used so I rummaged through my cupboards looking for some inspiration. There I found some pine nuts that also needed using up and so this dish evolved! These three simple ingredients marry off really well with the extra virgin olive oil, pasta and Parmesan cheese. My family loved this dish so I will certainly be making this again and it’s so good for when you’re in a hurry!
For more pasta dish inspiration you might like:
What’s your favourite quick pasta dish? Do share in the comments below!
I’m am entering my Bacon, Leek & Pine Nut Pasta into Javelin Warrior’s Made with Love Monday’s challenge as this recipe is made totally scratch.
Start by frying your bacon until just starting to brown.
Then add the sliced leeks and sweat while you put the pasta on to boil.
Add the pine nuts and then the rest of the EVO.
Season with freshly ground pepper.
Stir mixture into the drained pasta.
Serve with a dusting of Parmesan.
Bacon, Leek & Pine Nut Pasta
- 300 g / 11oz Pasta shapes
- 3 Leeks medium finely sliced
- 6 Bacon Rashers smoked or unsmoked, finely sliced
- 20 g / 0.7oz Pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan grated to taste
- Fry the bacon in a large wok or frying pan in 1 tbsp oil until starting to brown.
- Stir the sliced leeks and cover with a lid and continue to cook on a low to medium heat stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to their instructions.
- Once the leeks are cooked make a well in the centre of the pan, turn the heat up, add the pine nuts and heat through for a minute.
- Then add 2 tbsp oil and heat through stirring ingredients together, season well with pepper.
- Add the bacon, leeks and pine nuts to the pasta and stir through.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.