It’s been a busy old week as it was my birthday on Tuesday and at the last minute I decided to have a party on Saturday so am busy planning for that.
So last night faced with the remaining hunk of pork from Sunday’s roast I scratched my head as to what I could make to use it up. I’d already made my usual Simple Pork Fried Rice on Monday but as this was an extra large piece of pork (served 9) which I’d got for the reduced bargain price of £1.86 I had more leftover meat than usual.
It was time to develop another quick and easy recipe so after a quick rummage around the fridge and cupboards I came up with this Quick Leftover Pork Pesto Pasta!
My daughter came down to lay the table and before she’d even asked what was for dinner she was making approving noises on seeing the pan as she loves all things pasta and I’m happy to say that my Quick Leftover Pork Pesto Pasta went down very well with the family!
So effortless, delicious and ready in 15 minutes, I’ll be making this regularly from now on! You could pretty much adapt the ingredients to whatever you have to hand, if I’d had some peppers or spring onions then they could have gone in. Next time I’ll try it with left over chicken.
Do you have any quick and easy dishes you make to use up leftover pork? Do let me know in the comments!
More Quick & Easy Pasta Recipes
Once you’ve made my easy pork pasta dish you should check out the following recipes too!
- Chicken & Leek Pasta Bake – uses up leftover chicken
- Cheesy Tuna Pasta – my daughter’s favourite and a dish from my childhood!
- 10 Minute Mushroom Pasta – super quick!
- Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli and Garlic Spaghetti – great all in one meal!
As this dish is so thrifty I am entering it into:
Credit Crunch Munch which I run with Helen who is hosting this month.
Extra Veg which is run by Helen and Michelle, hosted this month by Elizabeth.
No Waste Food Challenge which is run by Elizabeth and currently hosted by
I’m sure you’ll love my Leftover Pork Pesto Pasta so don’t forget to leave a comment and rating below when you try it. Plus on social media you can share your snaps with me by tagging @FabFood4All – I love seeing my recipes come to life!
Quick Leftover Pork Pesto Pasta
- 350 g Fusilli or any pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 250 g Leftover roast pork diced (or however much you have)
- 2 Celery sticks sliced
- 16 – 20 Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 x 190g Jar Red Pesto
- Parmesan shavings to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to their instructions.
- Meanwhile heat 1tbsp of oil in a wok (or similar) and fry the pork on a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add another tbsp of oil plus the celery and tomatoes and continue cooking and stirring for about 8 minutes until everything cooked through.
- Drain the pasta and add to the wok along with the pesto and mix all the ingredients together thoroughly whilst still on the heat.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan shavings and a mixed salad.