Cheesy Tuna Pasta is pure child friendly comfort food! Made with tuna, Cheddar cheese, onion and a tin of condensed celery soup, it’s a dish I’ve loved since childhood! Best of all it’s so quick and easy to make!
Cheesy Tuna Pasta is my daughter’s absolute favourite dish but I haven’t been able to make it for more than a year as the key ingredient (condensed asparagus soup) was suddenly not available in any supermarket.
She has literally pined for this dish and I keep explaining the situation to her and how I have contacted the manufacturer (Batchelors) who still make the soup and that they only sell it to Sainsbury’s.
However after making a request for them to stock it in my area, it has fallen on deaf ears. Hence I decided to go off piste as they say, and try the dish with condensed celery soup.
This worked just as well as my daughter hardly noticed the difference. My mother used to make this recipe with condensed mushroom soup as well but personally I am not so keen on this. This recipe originally came from a family friend and is quick, simple and very satisfying.
More Easy Pasta Dishes
- Best Baked Feta Pasta
- Quick Leftover Pork Pesto Pasta
- 10 Minute Mushroom Pasta
- Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli & Garlic Spaghetti
- Chicken & Leek Pasta Bake
- Chilli Prawn & Pasta Salad
- Skinny Creamy Chicken Sausage Pasta
- Sweet Chilli Pasta with Smoked Salmon & Peas
I’m sure you’ll love this Cheesy Tuna Pasta that I’ve been enjoying since childhood.
Do leave a comment and rating when you try it as it helps other readers. Plus you can share your snaps with me by tagging @FabFood4All on social media, I love seeing my recipes come to life!
Cheesy Tuna Pasta
- 1 tbsp Light olive oil
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 350 g / 14 oz Fusilli (pasta twists)
- 295 g Tin condensed asparagus or celery soup
- 100 g Mature cheddar grated
- 185 g / 6 ½ oz Tin of tuna drained
- Sweat the onions on a low heat in a large non-stick pan for 10 minutes stirring occasionally (using a lid makes them less likely to burn). You want to cook not brown the onions.
- While the onions are sweating, cook the pasta according to the instructions in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Add the soup and tuna to the onions and heat through.
- Stir in the grated Cheddar until it melts.
- Drain the pasta, add to the the sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with a mixed salad.
NB: Photos updated 1/3/2017