Chocolate Pudding Pudding
I have had this Chocolate Puddle Pudding recipe from a newspaper clipping for 6 years and only got round to making this wonderful pudding tonight. It had been posted on a notice board at my daughter’s playgroup and when Lulu (who ran the group) saw me starting copy it down, she unpinned it and gave it to me. It was sent in by a 12 year old called Lucy Burton to The Daily Telegraph and is now going to be a regular in our household. My husband said it was the best chocolate pudding he had ever had!
This is a “magic” self saucing pudding and just needs a dollop of ice cream or cream to compliment it.
First the cocoa, sugar and a little hot water are mixed to a paste before adding the rest of the water.
The pudding ingredients are all put in a bowl and whisked together.
The Chocolate Puddle Pudding is ready when well risen and the middle has set.
If only all puddles were made of chocolate!
Chocolate Puddle Pudding
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 200 ml hot water
- For the sponge:
- 80 g soft butter
- 80 g soft light brown sugar
- 65 g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make the sauce by putting the cocoa and sugar into a small bowl and using a wooden spoon mix in a little of the hot water to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually mix in the rest of the hot water.
- Grease a 1 litre oven-proof dish.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet.
- Put all the pudding ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Scrape the pudding mixture into the dish, and pour the sauce mixture over the top.
- Place the dish (still on the baking tray) on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pudding is well risen.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or cream.