I hadn’t intended to do any recipe posts until the New Year but like all things in life when you aren’t looking you always find! So yesterday I was making savoury Quesadilla for everyone except my daughter who just wanted a sandwich. Feeling like she’d maybe missed out she suggested having a Nutella Quesadilla and then I said it would go really well with banana and so the two of us concocted this awesome delicious dish which could be equally good as a snack, dessert or even a breakfast treat. We shared the Banana & Chocolate Quesadilla which was just right and a ball of vanilla ice cream would have been splendid with it too. But if you have a large appetite then you might not want to share and I wouldn’t blame you!
After the success of my Banana S’mores post which my daughter insisted on eating at every given opportunity I just know this is going to be her new favourite sweet treat! As this Banana & Chocolate Quesadilla is so quick and easy to make it really is a win/win dish and reminds me of delicious crepes I’ve eaten out! But don’t take my word for it – you just have to try them for yourself!
Banana & Chocolate Quesadilla
- 1 Tortilla wrap I used seeded
- Nutella or chocolate spread for spreading
- 1 Banana sliced
- Rapeseed oil for brushing
- Lay the tortilla wrap on a board and spread a thick layer of Nutella/chocolate spread over half of it (leaving the other half bare).
- Lay the banana slices on top of the Nutella side to fully cover.
- Fold the bare side over the filled side and brush top with oil, then flip over carefully and brush other side with oil.
- Pre-heat a frying pan (medium heat) and then cook the Quesadilla for a minute or so on each side until golden brown. (When flipping it’s easier to flip from the curved side across the fold).
- Cut the Quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve on its own or with ice cream.
- Serves 1 – 2 depending on how hungry you are!
For more banana and chocolate yumminess why don’t you check out these fab recipes: Chocolate Banoffee Puffs from Amuse Your Bouche, Peanut Butter, Nutella & Banana French Toast from Tinned Tomatoes, Banana, Chocolate and Caramelised Sweet Pizza from A Mummy Too or my Hazelnut Chocolate Banana Delight with Meringue!
As this dish used up some tortilla wraps that had been in my freezer for an age and a ripe banana I am entering it into No Waste Food Challenge run by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary and also Credit Crunch Munch which I run with Helen at Fuss Free Flavours.
Why not pin for later?