It’s that time again to look back at the year and mention a few highlights as well as do a Top Ten of the most viewed posts in 2014 and I’m also going to bring you the most popular posts from some fellow bloggers too this year!
Well I’m into my third year of blogging now (3rd anniversary in March) and I have to say that blogging has completely taken over my life and is my total passion.
What started off as a hobby with a few hastily taken shots has developed into my becoming a professional blogger.
It was therefore so lovely to have all my hard work rewarded recently by Foodies 100 when I was featured in their Top 20 UK Food Blogs, Top 20 Food Blogs on Twitter and Top 20 Food Blogs on Instagram for 2014.
However, what inspires me the most is all the lovely readers I have (yes you) and all the witty and intelligent (mostly!) comments and questions you ask me.
So raise a glass to yourself as without you this blog would not exist and would merely be a personal diary.
Secondly I’d like to thank all the awesome food brands I’ve worked with in the last year (too many to mention here) because some of my most creative recipes have come about when I’ve been challenged to use ingredients that I would never have thought to use; I simply love a challenge!
Thirdly I’d like to thank all the fabulous kitchenalia brands I’ve worked with, having decent equipment to work with is priceless and makes all the difference in the kitchen.
If I love something then I love to share this with my readers! Finally I need to thank all my fellow bloggers who are like an extended family and always there for a word of encouragement, technical advice or just some constructive criticism!
This was the year I went to the BBC Good Food Festival, Hampton Court I met Greg Wallace, Dhruv Baker and the joyous Lisa Faulkner, who when I introduced myself said she’d heard of me and my blog – well that made my year LOL!
Later in the year I met the lovely and talented Frances Quinn at the Woking Food Festival.
In the summer I was also thrilled to be approached by The Guardian online who did a feature on Fab Food 4 All plus I had many recipes featured in their “Leftovers” weekly series edited by the very talented Rachel Kelly!
So here are my Top Ten most viewed posts of 2014:
- Blackberry & Apple Jam – 28,774 views
- Damson Jam – 28,251 views
- Bacon & Potato Layer Bake – 17,197 views
- Bacon Roly Poly – 9,590 views
- Plum & Apple Jam – 8,733 views
- Chicken & Leek Pasta Bake – 5,577 views
- Minced Beef & Onions – 5,113 views
- Monday Pie – 5,106 views
- Curried Root Vegetable Soup – 4,826 views
- Spelt Banana Bread – 4,035 views
It was a hard fought battle between the Blackberry & Apple and Damson Jam!
From this list I can see that I need to make more jam in 2015 as I am blown away by how popular my jams have become. When I started making jam I really got the bug and thought that no-one else would be that interested. However, I was having so much fun creating recipes that I didn’t really care.
I’ve won 1st prize for my jams (Peach & Apricot Jam and Quick One Punnet Strawberry Jam) at the local Parish day two years in a row now. As I’ve only entered twice this was such a thrill, I’m not sure the ladies in the village were that thrilled though LOL! There was talk of banning me from entering next year (only kidding) well I hope they were!
Well that’s enough about me, I thought it would be great to share with you the top read recipes of 2014 from some fellow bloggers, so here they are:
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken – Hungry Healthy Happy
- 15 Minute Mushroom Stroganoff – Amuse Your Bouche
- Kale & Apple Cake with Apple Icing – Veggie Desserts
- Stuffed Courgettes – My Custard Pie
- Slow Cooker Brisket with Red Wine & Thyme – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Japanese Style Yakitori Chicken Hearts – Kavey Eats
- Polish Potato Pancakes – Coffee & Vanilla
- Cherry Tomato, Spinach & Garlic Mozzarella Bake – A Mummy Too
- Rumblethumps or Scottish Potato & Cabbage Pie – Tinned Tomatoes
- Easy Ginger Cake – Fuss Free Flavours
- Quick, Easy & Cheap Birthday Party Food Ideas – Utterly Scrummy Food for Families
- Sautéed Brussel Sprouts – Cook Sister
- Honey Glazed Christmas Ham – Big Spud
- Spiced Golden Turmeric Milk – Food to Glow
- Blue Cheese Sauce – The Greedy Gourmet
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this review of 2014 + top read recipes. It just remains for me to wish you all a very Happy New Year and I look forward to further culinary adventures with you in 2015!