Hazelnut Chocolate Banana Delight with Meringue is a more nutritious version of Angel Delight made with frozen banana and Nutella!
It’s many years (actually decades) since I had Angel Delight but it came to my notice recently that it’s still a very popular dessert amongst adults. I think we all hang on to our childhood food in some form or other!
So when I came up with this super quick dessert combo the other day it really reminded me of Angel Delight as it is so creamy and chocolaty but with the delicious banana base flavour. It’s a lot nicer than Angel Delight in my opinion and far better for you as the main ingredient is frozen banana.
When I see an excess of ripe bananas in my fruit bowl I tend to stick them whole into my freezer as they are so versatile (cakes, smoothies etc). The downside to this is the fiddle when removing the skins with a knife so a far better idea is to slice them up and pop them into freezer bags (note to self, do this from now on)!
When making Hazelnut Chocolate Banana Delight with Meringue it’s well worth putting the whizzed up banana and Nutella into the freezer for a few minutes as this firms the mixture up slightly and the icy cold creaminess contrasts superbly with the meringue nest and banana decoration.
However if you’re pushed for time just serve straight away and enjoy this luxuriously creamy dessert with none of the guilt you’d get from eating cream. I can’t wait to make this virtually instant dessert again as it was so delicious, next time I might even grate some dark chocolate onto the nests!
If you love bananas like we do in our household here are some more banana based desserts you might like to try:
- Banana S’mores (so quick) from me
- Banana Pudding also from me
- Chocolate Banofee Puffs from Becca
- Dumplings in Syrup from Michelle
- Banana & Custard Tart from Jacqueline
- Speculoos Mini Banofee Pies from Sarah
I’m entering my Hazelnut Chocolate Banana Delight with Meringue into the following blog events:
Credit Crunch Munch as bananas are the cheapest fruit you can buy! I run this event with Helen of Fuss Free Flavours and our host this month is Hannah from A New Addition.
Tasty Tuesdays run by Vicki at Honest Mum.
Recipe of the Week run by Emily at A Mummy Too.
Cook Blog Share run by Lucy at Supergolden Bakes.
Dead Easy Desserts run by Sarah at Maison Cupcake & hosted by Nazima at Franglais Kitchen.
No Waste Food Challenge run by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary & hosted by Vohn’s Vittles.
Hazelnut Banana Chocolate Delight with Meringue
- 2 large Frozen bananas sliced
- 3 tbsp Nutella or to taste
- 4 Meringue nests
- 1 small Banana sliced for decoration
- Put the frozen banana slices and Nutella into a beaker and blitz with a stick blender (or food processor) until thoroughly combined.
- Either spoon onto 4 meringue nests immediately and decorate with banana slices or put in the freezer for a few minutes to chill and firm up slightly and then serve.