Beef and Vegetables Stir Fry with Noodles (ActiFry Express Recipe) is the perfect fakeaway as it’s far healthier than a Chinese takeaway. Quick, easy and delicious, you’ll want to make this again & again!
I was recently sent the new ActiFry Express XL by Tefal and given a recipe for Beef and Vegetables Stir Fry with Noodles to recreate at home.
It’s all part of Tefal’s ActiFryDays challenge where they are challenging the public to cook a dish at home in their ActiFry rather than having a takeaway. After researching 2,000 participants Tefal found that as a nation our favourite takeaway is Chinese but worryingly we are eating 12,000 tonnes of fat each year from takeaways.
The most popular night for ordering a takeaway is unsurprisingly a Friday – isn’t that when most of us flag?
When we order takeaways we tend to over order and are oblivious to the fat and calories. As the ActiFry air fries with the minimum of oil you can cook dishes with far less fat than used in traditional takeaways.
So the idea is to have a Friday night treat that is guilt free using the ActiFry instead! For more nutritional information, stats and recipes head over to Tefal’s ActiFryDay challenge page.
I made the Beef and Vegetables Sir Fry with Noodles for the family and it was such a big hit we had it the following Friday as well. My hubby even remarked that the dish was in fact better than any of our local Chinese takeaways.
I was given a choice of dishes to choose from but choose this one as it is so quick and simple to make with the minimum of fuss. The only preparation needed is to slice up some steak and mix water into some hoisin sauce – the ActiFry Express does pretty much the rest !
You could make this dish quicker than the time it takes to decide on your takeaway and pick up the phone and being far healthier it’s a win/win situation. The recipes states that it serves 6 but unless you’re serving it with another dish I’d say it serves a family of 4 as a meal and would just use 50 g less noodles.
I was very impressed with the new ActiFry Express XL as it cooks a lot faster (30%) than the original model and anything that saves time in the kitchen is always welcome. More time eating and less time cooking is always my ethos!
I do hope you try this recipe and do let me know in the comments what your favourite takeaway is. I’m off to create some more quick and healthy takeaway dishes in my new ActiFry Express – I do hope you feel inspired to do the same!
More ActiFry Recipes
Pin for later!
I’m sure you’ll love this beef stir fry so do leave me a comment or tag @FabFood4All on social media and let me know what you thought of it!
Disclaimer: I was sent an ActiFry Express XL and the ingredients to create this post and was not paid, all opinions are my own.
Beef and Vegetables Stir Fry with Noodles
- 400 g 14 oz rump steak cut 1.5 cm thick
- 2 ActiFry spoons of toasted sesame oil
- 600 g 1lb 5 oz stir fry vegetables
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 250 g 9 oz fine egg noodles, cooked
- Trim excess fat off the beef and cut into thin strips (6mm thick). Add 1 ActiFry spoonful of sesame oil and heat for 2 minutes in the ActifFy,
- Cook the beef for 5 minutes or until still pink in the centre (it will finish cooking in step 8).
- If the meat clumps together, half way through cooking break apart with a fork.
- Remove beef to a plate: set aside and keep warm.
- Add stir fry vegetables and drizzle over 1 ActiFry spoonful of sesame oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and still crunchy.
- In a bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce and 2 tablespoons of water; add to the vegetables together with the beef.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with cooked fine egg noodles.