Boozy Decadent Hot Chocolate
Today I’m bringing you Boozy Decadent Hot Chocolate.
I know it’s supposed to be spring but right now it feels more like winter in our house and it’s not unusual for there to be the odd flurry of snow in April!
So if you’re feeling the chill like me then this creamy hot chocolate made with dark chocolate and a touch of Baileys Chocolat Luxe is just the thing to warm you up and put a smile on your face.
I topped my hot chocolate with mini marshmallows which go beautifully molten and are a joy to eat with a teaspoon at the end but you could also top with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
I based this recipe on Decadent Hot Chocolate from Isabella King of Coriander Queen.
Isabella said she didn’t really do tea or coffee and most hot chocolate was too milky to her taste. However she discovered a chocolate shop where they sold hot chocolate that was more like shots so she recreated it at home.
Isabella sadly passed away in March aged just 29 so myself and fellow food bloggers are paying tribute to Isabella today by recreating or adapting some of her recipes as a way of celebrating her life.
Isabella was an extremely talented and friendly food blogger in our close knit cyber community. The things I remember most about Isabella were her happy smiling face in her knitted hat and her beautifully piped cupcakes.
I hope Isabella would approve of my Boozy Decadent Hot Chocolate as she was partial to the odd cocktail recipe over on Coriander Queen. Raising an espresso cup to you Isabella, you’ve left us with so many inspiring and wonderful recipes, it was a pleasure knowing you. Thank you….
Fellow food bloggers’ recipe tributes can be found here:
- Easy 5 ingredient pesto tomato tart on Amuse Your Bouche (vegetarian)
- Globe artichoke with balsamic dip on Natural Kitchen Adventures (vegan)
- Cider, apple and sausage casserole on Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Chocolate orange oat bars on Veggie Desserts (vegan)
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies on Tin and Thyme (vegetarian)
- Arancini (risotto balls) on Coffee & Vanilla (vegetarian)
- Rich coffee cupcakes on BakingQueen74 (vegetarian)
- Gingerbread cupcakes with orange buttercream on The Veg Space (vegan)
- Marmalade and ginger loaf cake on The Crafty Larder (vegetarian)
- Ginger and oat cookies on Kavey Eats (vegetarian)
- Amatriciana pasta on Kitchen Sanctuary
- Treacle tart on Patisserie Makes Perfect (vegetarian)
- Crispy fried halloumi on Supper In The Suburbs (vegetarian)
- Chocolate fridge cake on Jo’s Kitchen (vegetarian)
- Chocolate almond butter cookies on Rough Measures (vegetarian)
- Eggless chocolate chip cookies on Simply Sensational Food (vegetarian)
- Best coriander / cilantro recipes on Fuss Free Flavours (some vegetarian)
- Easy gingerbread popcorn snack on Celery & Cupcakes (vegetarian)
- Elderflower and vodka cocktail slush on The Hedgecombers (vegetarian)
- Fruit flapjacks on The Petite Cook (vegan)
- Tomato, garlic and prawn spaghetti on Hungry Healthy Happy (pesceaterian)
- Lemon drizzle loaf cake on Penne For Your Thoughts (vegetarian)
- Chicken ramen on It’s Not Easy Being Greedy
- Stuffed Nutella cookies on Munchies And Munchkins (vegetarian)
- Easy Berry Compote on Eats Amazing (vegetarian)
- Caipirinha on Lovely Appetite (vegetarian)
Pin for later!
Boozy Decadent Hot Chocolate
- 35 g dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 30 mls Baileys Chocolat Luxe
- 150 mls semi-skimmed or whole milk
- 25 mls single cream
- Optional toppings:
- mini marshmallows
- whipped cream
- grated dark chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water).
- Meanwhile heat the milk and cream in a small pan over a low heat until hot (don’t boil).
- Once the chocolate has melted remove the bowl from the pan and whisk in the Baileys Chocolat Luxe.
- Then whisk in the hot milk and cream.
- Pour into 2 espresso cups.
- Decorate with mini marshmallows or whipped cream and grated chocolate if wished.
- Can also be chilled and served cold on a warm day!