Cheat’s Fat Free French Onion Soup is made in a fraction of the time a real French Onion Soup would take to make. But you don’t need to tell anyone do you!
It’s October so we’re well into Autumn and heading on our way to Halloween. I do love this time off year, the rustle of leaves, the golden colours, pumpkins, it’s all so warming.
Yesterday I made this Cheat’s Fat Free French Onion Soup which only uses 3 ingredients!
I had no intention of posting this and can’t actually take credit for it as it was my hubby’s idea! It tasted so good I took a couple of snaps for instagram but then thought if we enjoyed it then I’m sure you would and it’s so ridiculously easy too.
I’d bought a tub of reduced red onions for 1p so needing to use them up and wanting something warming for lunch this soup came about.
No fuss, barely any mess as I used our soup maker and so tasty from just some red onions and 2 different types of stock. We’ll be having this again as my son who is a huge fan of French Onion Soup also loved it when he tried it later!
More Quick & Easy Soup Recipes
Once you’ve made my Cheat’s Fat Free French Onion Soup you should check out the following soup recipes too!
- 5 Minute Vegan Tomato Soup
- Cream of Asparagus & Celery Soup
- Quick Spinach Soup
- Simple Fat Free Spinach Soup (vegan)
- Quick Tom Yum Soup with Poached Egg
- Lettuce Soup
Do let me know if you try this soup in the comments below. Plus if you share a pic to social media tag @fabfood4all and I might share it!
Cheat's Fat Free French Onion Soup3 ingredient Ceat's Fat Free French Onion Soup is so quick and easy and yet so delicious!Servings 4 peopleCalories 41kcal
- 320 g red onion sliced or dicedj (I used a tub)
- 500 ml beef stock I used a stock pot
- 400 ml french onion stock I used a Kallo stock cube
- If using a soup maker place all the ingredients into it adding stock up to the maximum level and set to chunky soup setting.
- If using the hob, place all the ingredients into a pan, bring to the boil and then simmer under a lid for 20 minutes.
- Blend, leaving a bit of texture and serve with crusty bread.