Today I’m sharing my daughter’s Cheat’s Iced Salted Caramel Mocha! I don’t know how my daughter developed a taste for coffee but it started with her wanting it added to chocolate ganache when we were baking a few years ago. More recently, after a few supermarket purchases of chilled coffee drinks and a trip to Starbucks in the summer where she had a Caramel Macchiato the flood gates were well and truly opened.
I soon realised this was not a sustainable situation and suggested that she make her own chilled coffees at home as it would be far cheaper. Children usually nag for sweets whilst shopping but my 12 year old was now nagging for chilled coffees, how times have changed!
So using what she can find in my kitchen, I have watched many guises of chilled coffee drinks being made after school. I’ve been very impressed with her results, so much so that I had to share her Cheats Iced Salted Caramel Mocha. My daughter doesn’t use any ice but if you wanted to add some on a hot day then you could but we find it chilled enough with the ice cream and chilled milk.
I have to say that I’m not a coffee drinker but having sampled so many of my daughter’s chilled coffee drinks, I think I have been converted; well at least to the chilled versions! This one is not overly sweet so if you like a more sickly sweet drink then just add a squeeze of caramel sauce to the coffee before you dilute it with hot water, I enjoy it just the way it was though!
Are you addicted to chilled coffees? Let me know what you favourite flavour combinations are!
If my Cheat’s Iced Salted Caramel Mocha has whet your appetite for more delicious drinks you might like:
- Matcha Green Tea Banana Smoothie
- Elderflower & Green Tea Breeze
- Salted Caramel Luxury Hot Chocolate
- Boozy Decadant Hot Chocolate
Why not pin for later?
Cheat's Iced Salted Caramel Mocha
- 1 heaped tsp Americano barista style instant coffee
- 1 tsp Caramel sauce optional if you you like sweet coffee
- 1 large scoop Salted caramel ice cream premium quality
- Semi-skimmed milk
- Can of whipping cream or freshly whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Put the coffee and caramel sauce if using, into a mug and dissolve with a little hot water from your kettle.
- Add the ice cream and stir to dissolve.
- Add enough milk to nearly fill the mug.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce.