Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Soda Bread takes just a few minutes to prepare from pantry ingredients! Great with soup or cold food, you’ll make this again and again it’s so good!
It’s autumn which means it’s very much soup weather and every soup deserves a good helping of crusty bread.
My Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Soda Bread takes just minutes to prepare and is the perfect soup accompaniment or is great as part of a cold table.
If you’ve never made soda bread the only thing you need to be aware of is to get the dough into the oven as quickly as possible as the gases start being released from the raising agents as soon as you add the liquid (in this case beer).
Cheddar and chillies are such great bed fellows so this Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Soda Bread didn’t last long and was devoured at one sitting. So the next time you run out of bread I recommend you make soda bread as it’ll be ready before you could pop out to the shops to buy some!
More savoury soda bread recipes
- Wholemeal Cheddar & Apple Chutney Soda Bread with Cider – Fab Food 4 All
- Emmental Soda Bread – Fab Food 4 All
- Malted Spelt Soda Bread – Kavey Eats
- Caramelised Red Onion & Cheddar Soda Bread – Munchies & Munchkins
- Quick & Easy Olive Soda Bread Rolls – Munchies & Munchkins
- Roasted Pepper & Thyme Soda Bread – BakingQeeen74
Pin for later!
Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Soda Bread
- 270 g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 g mature Cheddar cheese grated
- 35 g red and green jalapenos chopped
- 200 mls beer/ale
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Prepare a baking sheet by sprinkling with flour.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the grated Cheddar and jalapenos giving another mix with fork.
- Then stir in the beer until mixture comes together as a dough.
- Use you hands (oiled) to form into a ball.
- Place on the baking sheet, pat down and dust with flour.
- Use a knife to cut a deep cross into the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until base sounds hollow when knocked.
- Cool on a wire rack.