Easy Creme Egg Cookies are packed with dark chocolate, pecans and oats then topped with half a mini Creme Egg. Crispy, chewy and delicious, these cookies won’t hang around for long!
These Easy Creme Egg Cookies are just divine. I love pecan nuts so decided to combine these with dark chocolate to complement the yummy Creme Egg on these crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle cookies.
Can you believe I started out last week trying to cut down on sugar and banned myself from eating any chocolate in a bid to shift the Christmas weight gain! But the call of the Creme Eggs in the drawer was too strong and I was just itching to make something new with them this year as it’s become a bit of a tradition to create a sweet treat each Easter.
As I’d already made Brownies and Fudge with Creme Eggs I decided it was the turn of the cookie to have a Creme Egg makeover.
To say my family loved these is an understatement and I think they would rival the cookies in that famous cookie store that you find in most shopping centres.
This recipe makes about 26 large cookies so is ideal for school bake sales. Easy Creme Egg Cookies are great for kids to make as they can help mixing, shaping the dough into balls and pushing the half Creme Eggs onto the top of each cookie.
More Creme Egg Recipes
I know you’ll love these delicious cookies but if you need more Creme Egg recipe inspiration then check out the following:
- Creme Egg Chocolate Brownies– Fab Food 4 All
- Creme Egg Chocolate Fudge – Fab Food 4 All
- Cadbury Creme Egg No Churn Easter Ice Cream Cake – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pancakes – Foodie Quine
- Cadbury Creme Egg Shake – Fuss Free Flavours
- Creme Egg Double Chocolate Muffins – From Plate to Pen
- Slow Cooker Creme Egg Chocolate Cake – BakingQueen74
- Creme Egg Bundt Cake – Supper in the Suburbs
I’m entering my Easy Creme Egg Cookies into We Should Cocoa over at Tin & Thyme.
Pin for later!
Easy Creme Egg Cookies
- 55 g pecan nuts roughly chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped into chips sized pieces
- 110 g soft brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 110 g porridge oats
- 165 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 125 g butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 13 mini Creme Eggs halved (have a couple spare in case)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC.
- Line 2 – 3 large baking sheets with baking paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Then add the beaten egg, melted butter and vanilla extract and mix with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Form large walnut sized pieces of dough (either with your hands or use 2 tea spoons), place on baking tray 5 cm apart and top with half a mini Creme Egg, sunny side up!
- Place in oven and bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the trays before transferring to a couple of cooling racks.
- Once cool store in an airtight container.