This simple Leek and Courgette Soup is super delicious, chunky and vegan! Perfect for lunch or as a starter.
Gosh it seems like an age since I last posted a recipe (just over a week) but having 2 children home for the Easter holidays means getting some quiet time to myself has not been easy so hence the radio silence! I don’t know about you but after over indulging on chocolate over the Easter period all I want to do is eat lots of healthy vegetable based food. This Leek and Courgette Soup came about one lunch time when there wasn’t much left in the fridge so these ingredients just found each other and became soup!
The family were very impressed with my chunky soup creation so I’ll be making this again. I always feel better when I’ve given the family a healthy bowl of soup packed full of vegetables so it’s a win/win situation all round!
As this dish is so thrifty, seasonal and used up ingredients left in the fridge I’m entering it into:
- Credit Crunch Munch – hosted by From Plate to Pen and run by myself and Fuss Free Flavours
- No Waste Food Challenge – run by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Simple and in Season – run by Feeding Boys
- Extra Veg – run by Fuss Free Flavours and Utterly Scrummy who is hosting this month.
More simple vegetable soup recipes
- Kale Soup – Fab Food 4 All
- Courgette Soup – Fab Food 4 All
- Caramelised Courgette Soup – Fab Food 4 All
- Easy Carrot & Parsnip Soup – Eats Amazing
- Butternut Squash and Celeriac Soup – Lovely Appetite
- Sweet Potato, Wild Garlic and Spinach Soup – Munchies & Munchkins
- Vegan Leek & Potato Soup – Planet Veggie
- Spiced Parsnip Spinach Soup with Apple & Turmeric – Tin & Thyme
I’m sure you’ll love my Leek & Courgette Soup so please leave a comment and rating below. You can also share a picture of your soup with me by tagging @FabFood4All on social media!
Pin for later!
Leek and Courgette Soup
- 3 Leeks medium, chopped
- 2 Courgettes medium, quartered & chopped
- 3 Celery sticks chopped
- 1 Potato large, diced
- 850 mls Vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the vegetables under a lid for 10 – 12 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Partially blitz with a stick blender leaving lots of chunks for texture.