This garlicky Mushroom Soup recipe is so quick, easy and delicious. Made with a punnet of mushrooms this recipe makes 4 generous servings!
This mushroom soup is so quick and simple to make and utterly delicious. The addition of butter and milk make it taste like a cream of mushroom soup and together with the garlic it’s just heavenly!
It can be vegetarian or not depending on whether you prefer to use vegetable or chicken stock!
My family love this soup and it’s made from just a punnet of mushrooms so very cheap to make too. I often come across reduced mushrooms so make this soup for lunch regularly!
It’s great served with garlic bread.
More Recipes using Mushrooms
Mushrooms are so versatile, here are a few more recipes from myself and other bloggers that I think you’ll enjoy!
- Skinny Haddock, Bacon & Mushroom Chowder
- 10 Minute Mushroom Pasta
- Mushroom, Spinach & Chickpea Curry
- Easy Slow Cooker Vegan Stew
- Slow Cooked Chicken Italian
- Creamed Mushrooms with Oregano
- Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Puff Pastry Tart
- Garlic Mushrooms in Oil
- Easy Shakshuka with Mushrooms
I’m sure you’ll love this budget friendly soup! Don’t forget to tag @FabFood4All if you make it or better still leave me a comment below!
Pin for later!
- 300 g / 12oz Mushrooms roughly chopped
- 50 g / 2oz Butter
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic crushed
- 25 g / 1oz flour
- 400 ml / ¾ pt milk
- 400 ml / ¾ pt chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- A few chives snipped to garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and sweat under a lid gently on a low heat until softened, stirring occasionally (about 10 mins).
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock, milk and seasoning.
- Liquidise and adjust seasoning if necessary, bring back to serving temperature.
- Serve garnished with snipped chives (optional).