Nothing says “I love you” more than making the effort to create something special. So if your loved one is driving over or is teetotal then I think this is the perfect special drink to start the evening. With a mixture of mint leaves, apple juice, lime juice, elderflower cordial and soda water this Non Alcoholic Mojito is totally delicious and oh so elegant!
If you’ve never made a cocktail before there are a few pieces of equipment that will come in really handy:
- A muddler, looks a bit like a mini truncheon and used for gently crushing the mint leaves.
- A jigger – a very small double ended measuring beaker.
- A cocktail spoon – a long spoon needed to stir your cocktail.
- A powerful blender/ice crushing attachment for stick blender needed for making your own crushed ice.
I do hope you give this simple but effective Non Alcoholic Mojito a go this Valentine’s Day and if one of you is able to have a drink well then you could always make an actual Mojito to go alongside and neither of you will feel left out as you’ll both be drinking 2 very sophisticated looking drinks:-)
I asked some fellow bloggers what mocktails they would recommend for Valentines Day and here are their suggestions:
- Orchard Martini Mocktail – Emily’s Recipes and Reviews
- Non Alcoholic Peach/Mango Bellini Cocktail – Casa Costello
- Tropical Fizz Mocktail – The Foodie Couple Blog
- Guava Coconut Mocktail – Recipes from a Pantry
- Elderflower & Green Tea Breeze – The Crafty Larder
Why not pin for later?
NB: This post was commissioned by thebar and all opinions are my own.
Non Alcoholic Mojito
- 40 ml Schweppes Soda Water
- 6 Mint leaves
- 2 Lime wedges
- 30 ml Apple juice
- 20 ml Lime juice
- 15 ml Elderflower cordial
- Crushed ice
- 1 Sprig mint
- Tall glass
- Bar spoon
- Place 6 mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass and press down with a muddler to extract the juices and flavour.
- Add apple juice, lime juice and elderflower cordial to the glass.
- Using a jigger, measure 30ml of apple juice, 20ml lime juice and 15ml elderflower cordial into the glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir the drink with a bar spoon.
- Top up the drink with 40ml Schweppes Soda Water.
- Place a sprig of mint at an angle against the rim of the glass to garnish.
- If you have a heart shaped ice cube tray add heart shaped ice cube for that extra romantic touch!