When thebar asked me if I’d like to re-create one of their many awesome cocktail ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day, I made a beeline for this Non Alcoholic Mojito. Nothing says “I love you” more than making the effort to create something special. So if your loved one is driving over or is teetotal then I think this is the perfect special drink to start the evening. With a mixture of mint leaves, apple juice, lime juice, elderflower cordial and soda water this Non Alcoholic Mojito is totally delicious and oh so elegant!
If you’ve never made a cocktail before there are a few pieces of equipment that will come in really handy:
– A muddler, looks a bit like a mini truncheon and used for gently crushing the mint leaves.
– A jigger – a very small double ended measuring beaker.
– A cocktail spoon – a long spoon needed to stir your cocktail.
– A powerful blender/ice crushing attachment for stick blender needed for making your own crushed ice.
I do hope you give this simple but effective Non Alcoholic Mojito a go this Valentine’s Day and if one of you is able to have a drink well then you could always make an actual Mojito to go alongside and neither of you will feel left out as you’ll both be drinking 2 very sophisticated looking drinks:-)
I asked some fellow bloggers what mocktails they would recommend for Valentines Day and here are their suggestions:
- Orchard Martini Mocktail – Emily’s Recipes and Reviews
- Non Alcoholic Peach/Mango Bellini Cocktail – Casa Costello
- Tropical Fizz Mocktail – The Foodie Couple Blog
- Guava Coconut Mocktail – Recipes from a Pantry
- Elderflower & Green Tea Breeze – The Crafty Larder
Why not pin for later?
NB: This post was commissioned by thebar and all opinions are my own.
Non Alcoholic Mojito
- 40 ml Schweppes Soda Water
- 6 Mint leaves
- 2 Lime wedges
- 30 ml Apple juice
- 20 ml Lime juice
- 15 ml Elderflower cordial
- Crushed ice
- 1 Sprig mint
- Tall glass
- Bar spoon
- Place 6 mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass and press down with a muddler to extract the juices and flavour.
- Add apple juice, lime juice and elderflower cordial to the glass.
- Using a jigger, measure 30ml of apple juice, 20ml lime juice and 15ml elderflower cordial into the glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir the drink with a bar spoon.
- Top up the drink with 40ml Schweppes Soda Water.
- Place a sprig of mint at an angle against the rim of the glass to garnish.
- If you have a heart shaped ice cube tray add heart shaped ice cube for that extra romantic touch!