Chocolate Orange Panettone Pudding is a delicious twist on the classic Bread and Butter Pudding!, It’s sure to become your favourite way of using up leftover panettone!
A twist on the classic Bread & Butter Pudding, Chocolate Orange Panettone Pudding is sure to become your favourite way of using up leftover panettone!
Chocolate Orange Panetonne Pudding is a festive version of Bread and Butter Pudding and a delicious way to use up leftover Panetonne. However, be warned, you’ll probably find yourself buying more to make it again!
I’m not quite sure what has happened this year but my usual January healthy eating kick just hasn’t really got going! I blame the mild December we had followed by the sudden chill we got in the last few weeks.
So this and the need to use up some leftover food from Christmas has meant my January recipes look nothing like those of previous years and instead are full of comfort food.
Forgive me then for another Bread and Butter style pudding in the form of Chocolate Orange Panettone Pudding!
I thought I probably wasn’t the only one who had bought extra panetonne up after Christmas (love Christmas food sales don’t you)?
So, if you’d like to use your leftover panetonne up too, then this recipe is for you!
If you’re not keen on orange zest you could always leave it out and if you have more chocolate chips you could add those.
I used 20 g as that is all that I had as I have a chocolate Hoover in the house, namely my daughter, so if it’s not bolted down I’m very lucky to find any left!
Have you managed to get January off to a healthy start? Or are you like me and seem to be hanging on to the winter comfort food?
I’m not going to beat myself up over it as things will balance out very soon I’m sure, spring is just around the corner after all!
I feel a wave of healthy posts coming on, just wait and see!
More Bread & Butter Pudding Recipes
I asked some food bloggers for their Bread and Butter Pudding creations and here is what they had to offer:
- Wholemeal Bread & Butter Pudding – Fab Food 4 All
- Clementine Curd Bread & Butter Pudding – Kavey Eats
- Nutella & Chocolate Chip Bread & Butter Pudding – Penne for your Thoughts
- : Bread & Butter Pudding – Friends Food Family
- Nutella Brioche Pudding – Fab Food 4 All
- Golden Syrup & Clotted Cream Croissant Pudding – Fab Food 4 All
- Slow Cookie Hot Cross Bun Pudding – Munchies & Munchkins
- Leftover Mincemeat & Panettone Bread & Butter Pudding – Supper in the Suburbs
- Panettone & Ginger Bread & Butter Pudding – Foodie Quine
- Savoury Caprese Bread & Butter Pudding – Cook Sister
My family loves this Chocolate Orange Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding so I’m sure yours will too.
Do leave a comment and rating below when you’ve made this recipe as I love getting your feedback! You can also share your pictures by tagging @FabFood4All over on Instagram.
Pin for later!
Chocolate Orange Panettone Pudding
- 300 g Panettone (10.6 oz) sliced
- 75 g butter (2.6 oz) softened
- 3 large eggs large
- 20 g dark chocolate chips (1/2 oz)
- 1 small orange, zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 375 ml milk (12.7 fl oz) semi-skimmed or whole
- 50 g caster sugar (2 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Butter the panettone slices and cut into quarters.
- Arrange and overlap the slices in an oven proof dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, orange zest and sugar.
- Pour over the panettone slices and scatter over the chocolate chips.
- Allow to soak for 20 – 30 minutes (at room temperature).
- Bake in the bottom of the oven for 25 minutes or until golden and set.