Pork & Mushrooms in a Cream & Tarragon Sauce – sliced pork loin and mushrooms in creamy tarragon and white wine sauce. You’ll think you’re dining out it’s that good!
You may have noticed, especially if you follow me on Facebook, that I recently entered the world of ultra bargain shopping which happens late in the day. With all this extra wonderful produce I have been busy putting all my food bargains to great use and have not wasted a thing!
So this recipe for Pork & Mushrooms in a Cream & Tarragon Sauce was put together a couple of Sunday’s ago with mushrooms and tarragon that only cost me a couple of pence. I had a pork loin, cream and some wine bagged up in the freezer so this recipe virtually wrote itself!
So what did my family think of it? Well to say they loved it would be an understatement.
I think there was almost a riot as everyone wanted to check they’d had their fair share and in my rush to take photos the portion control kind of went out of the window LOL! It was that good!!
The wine, cream and tarragon were perfect bed fellows and if I was served this in a restaurant I’d be very happy!
More tarragon based recipe ideas
- Warm Chicken, Bacon & Tarragon Salad – Fab Food 4 All
- Homemade Mushroom Ravioli with a Creamy Red Wine Sauce – Emily’s Recipes & Reviews
- Kavey’s Chicken Tarragon Pasta Bake – Kavey Eats
- Healthy & Vegan Green Goddess Dressing – Fuss Free Flavours
I’m entering my Pork & Mushrooms in a Cream & Tarragon Sauce into Credit Crunch Munch which I run with the lovely Helen of Fuss Free Flavours. Plus the No Waste Food Challenge run by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary. Finally I’m entering Cooking with Herbs over at Lavender & Lovage!
Pin for later!
Pork & Mushrooms in a Cream & Tarragon Sauce
Sliced pork loin and mushrooms in creamy tarragon and white wine sauce. You'll think you're dining out it's that good!
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 Pork loin cut into 2 cm slices
- 300 g Mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp Chopped tarragon
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 200 mls White wine
- 200 mls Chicken stock
- 150 mls Single cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- Extra chopped tarragon
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the pork loin slices until golden, then remove from the pan.
- Add another tbsp of oil to the pan and fry the mushroom & garlic until cooked through and all juices have evaporated.
- Add the wine, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce by half.
- Add the stock and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Then add the cream, ground pepper, pork and tarragon and heat through for a few minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice or with mash and vegetables.
- Garnish with some extra chopped tarragon if wished.