Quick Banoffee Curd (Banana & Toffee Curd) is a delicious preserve that takes just 10 minutes to make! Use it as a spread or in desserts, cakes and bakes etc.
I’m very excited to share my Quick Banoffee Curd (Banana & Toffee Curd) with you today which takes just 10 minutes to make from start to finish!
A house full of family over Easter and a poorly cat (Coco) has meant I haven’t had time develop any recipes recently but sometimes inspiration just hits you and Bingo!
I came across Banana Jam the other day and that got me thinking about doing my own version which then lead to me thinking about doing something a bit different, a Banana Curd.
I’ve adapted my Granny’s Quick Lemon Curd to become Blackberry Curd in the past so I decided to repeat this but with banana (I’ve put those links at the end). I do love bananas so you’ll find many banana based recipes on my blog!
My head was swimming with so many variations of banana curd, I could add rum, go for a salted caramel flavour but in the end after doing a straw poll of my family I opted for banana and toffee flavour ie Banoffe.
The toffee flavour comes from the inclusion of dark brown Muscovado sugar along with white granulated sugar and the inclusion of lemon juice and zest stops it from being overly sweet. You could always add rum or salt flakes to ring in the changes.
So what did my Quick Banoffee Curd taste like I hear you ask! Well it was like a banana flavoured dulce de leche – so exciting!
My family and a neighbour who popped by gave it a very big thumbs up.
Serving Suggestions for Banoffee Curd
Now you want to know some uses for Quick Banoffee Curd don’t you!
Well it would make a great:
- spread for crumpets or other baked goods
- filling for a Banoffee Pie
- ice cream topping
- pancake topping
- addition to Greek yogurt
- cake filling
- addition to cake batter
- homemade ice cream flavour
- steamed pudding topping.
I’m sure you can come up with some more suggestions so please add them in the comments below!
More Fruit Curd Recipes
- Granny’s Quick Lemon Curd
- Easy Cranberry Curd with Power Blender option
- Easy Lemon & Elderflower Curd
- Easy Blackberry Curd
- Snowball (Eggnog) Curd
- Froothie Lime Curd
- Easy Blackcurrant Curd
- Seville Orange Curd
- Rhubarb Curd
- Blood Orange Curd
- Persimmon & Bergamot Fruit Curd
Do leave a comment and rating below when you’ve made this recipe as I love getting your feedback! You can also share your pictures by tagging @FabFood4All over on Instagram.
Pin for later!
Quick Banoffee Curd
- 2 large ripe bananas approx. 350 g unpeeled weight, broken into pieces
- Finely grated zest of a lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 50 g dark brown Muscovado sugar
- 150 g granulated sugar less 2 tsp
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs well beaten
- Put the banana pieces, lemon juice and zest into a blender and whizz until smooth (I used a stick blender).
- Pour banana mixture into a saucepan (I use non-stick) and add the sugars and butter.
- Heat on the lowest setting, stirring, until all the sugar and butter have dissolved.
- Turn the heat up very slightly until the mixture just starts to bubble, then briskly whisk in the beaten egg (pouring in a thin stream from a jug). The mixture will thicken up as you pour and should coat the back of a spoon.
- Continue stirring for another 10 seconds if necessary. Do not over-cook, you don’t want scrambled eggs!
- Pour into 2 hot sterilised jars and seal with lids immediately.
- Allow to cool, then store in fridge and use within 2 weeks.
- Serve as a spread, use as a cake filling, stir into Greek yogurt, use to top ice cream or could be used as a base for a Banoffee Pie etc.