Rhubarb & Blackberry Spiral Cobbler – the perfect comfort pudding where the cobbler topping is enriched with marzipan and cinnamon.
Today I’m sharing Rhubarb & Blackberry Spiral Cobbler!
Sometimes I see a recipe and I just want to tweak it to my own taste. This happened recently when I saw a Rhubarb Spiral Cobbler (with ginger) in my copy of The Ultimate Healthy Eating Cookbook (Index 1999). With some bargain rhubarb and a booty of frozen blackberries in the freezer (foraged of course) I set about taking out the ginger from the recipe and adding grated marzipan and cinnamon amongst other changes.
I seem to be a bit of a marzipan addict, I know it can be a divisive ingredient, you either love it or your hate it! I love it, so if I can find an excuse to use it I will!
This comforting, lush pudding is ideal as we head towards autumn, the nights draw in and the weather gets cooler. Not everyone in my family shares my enthusiasm for blackberries or marzipan so my Rhubarb & Blackberry Spiral Cobbler was a bit of selfish indulgence!
For more rhubarb and blackberry pudding inspiration why not check out these recipes:
- Blackberry Tofu Brulée
- Rhubarb & Blueberry Tarte Tatin
- Rhubarb Frangipane Tart
- Estivale Apple & Blackberry Pudding
- Summer Berry Oat Crumble
- Raspberry & Rhubarb Mini Cheesecake Pots
- Beautiful Fruit Tart with Blackberries, Golden Raspberries, Bananas and Chocolate
I’m entering my Rhubarb & Blackberry Spiral Cobbler into the following blogging events as I used up cheap rhubarb and locally foraged blackberries:
Credit Crunch Munch which is run by myself and Fuss Free Flavours and hosted by Maison Cupcake this month.
Simple and in Season which is run by Ren Behan and hosted by Franglais Kitchen this month. Shop Local run by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
Recipe of the Week run by A Mummy Too
Do share a comment and rating below when you make this delicious fruit cobbler. Plus I love seeing your creations on social media so just tag @FabFood4All and I might share with my followers!
Pin this rhubarb and blackberry pudding for later!
Rhubarb & Blackberry Spiral Cobbler
- 400 g Rhubarb trimmed and sliced
- 200 g Frozen blackberries
- 60 g Granulated sugar
- Juice of half an orange
- For Cobbler top:
- 200 g Plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ½ tsp Baking powder
- 200 g Greek style yogurt
- 30 g Caster sugar
- For Cobbler filling:
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 70 g Marzipan grated
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
- Put the rhubarb, sugar and orange juice in a covered pan and gently cook or 5 minutes.
- Add blackberries and heat through until rhubarb cooked.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Set the oven to 200⁰C.
- To make the cobbler put the flour, pinch of salt and baking powder in a bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Add the yogurt and mix to a dough with you hand.
- On a floured surface roll out to a 25cm square.
- Mix grated marzipan, cinnamon and Demerara sugar together and sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough up tightly and cut into 12 equal sections with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Serve hot with custard or ice cream.