Stuffed Turkey Breast Steaks in Blankets serve 2 upwards so perfect for a small scale Christmas celebration! Turkey breast steaks are stuffed with sausage meat flavoured with orange zest and parsley, then wrapped in bacon and finished off with fronds of rosemary.
Small Scale Christmas Dinner
At this time of year it’s expected that most of us will have a turkey dinner at Christmas or Thanksgiving.
However, not everyone needs or can consume an entire turkey in their household. Some people have vegetarians in their family and others just need to cater for one or two. With this in mind, I decided to make Stuffed Turkey Breast Steaks in Blankets for a small scale Christmas dinner.
This turkey dinner serves 2 but you can scale it up to however many servings you need.
You could almost call this an emergency Christmas turkey dinner!
Sometimes plans change at the last minute so turkey, pigs in blankets and sausage meat stuffing can be hard to come by at the last minute. These Turkey Steaks in Blankets are like having your Christmas turkey and all the trimmings rolled into one!
Can you prepare the turkey steaks in advance?
Stuffed Turkey Breast Steaks in Blankets are easy to make and prep in advance. You could assemble them in the morning and then cover and leave in the fridge until needed.
Where can you buy turkey breast steaks?
I buy mine in Morrisons.
What can you serve with Stuffed Turkey Breast Steaks?
- Crispy Coated Roast Potatoes
- Vichy Carrots with Thyme (Glazed Carrots)
- The Best Roast Parsnips
- Perfect Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Cranberry & Red Wine Sauce
How do you make Stuffed Turkey Breast Steaks in Blankets?
First you mix your parsley and orange zest into the sausage meat.
Then you bash the turkey steaks with a rolling pin to flatten.
Spread the stuffing over the turkey steaks.
Roll the steaks up.
Stretch the bacon using a knife.
Wrap the turkey parcels in the bacon.
Stab little holes in the parcels and insert sprigs of rosemary and roast.
Once cooked rest for 10 minutes, then serve with gravy and vegetables.
I’m sure you’ll love this micro Christmas dinner (or Thanksgiving dinner) so do tag @fabfood4all on social media if you make it! Better still leave a comment and rating below!
Pin for later;
Post previously published Dec 2012 but updated for Christmas 2020. We may be in lockdown but we can do this! Merry Christmas xx
Stuffed Turkey Breasts in Blankets
- 2 turkey breast steaks about 285g/11oz
- 125 g/ 5oz sausage meat (from sausages)
- 1 small handful parsley chopped
- grated zest of half small orange make sure you wash it
- 4 rashers back bacon or streaky smoked or unsmoked
- 2 sprigs rosemary cut into 8 - 10 small pieces
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the stuffing with the parsley and grated orange zest
- Put the turkey steaks on a chopping mat, cover with cling film and flatten (bashing) with a rolling pin until about 1cm thick, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide and spread out the stuffing mixture between the 2 steaks and roll them up lengthways.
- Then stretch the bacon by dragging the blade of a knife sideways across it at about a 10° angle.
- Wrap each rolled up turkey steak in 2 rashers of bacon.
- Stab the top of each parcel with a thin sharp knife 5 times evenly spaced across the top, then insert a piece of rosemary into each hole.
- Place in a roasting tin with a drizzle of olive oil over the top and roast in the centre of your oven for 35 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes covered in foil.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs, slice the turkey parcels up into neat slices and serve with vegetables and gravy.