Having only recently made my first smoothie I decided it was time to bite the bullet and make a smoothie bowl. So today I made this Tropical Smoothie Bowl which totally perplexed my hubby who asked what on earth it was (obviously doesn’t read food blogs which are awash with them)! With a mango as a starting point I had a little fridge raid, added a couple of kiwi fruits, juice of an orange, a banana and some coconut extract.
Oh my this was good. Now I know why smoothie bowls are so popular! My son refused to try my Tropical Smoothie Bowl but my daughter tucked in with relish and declared it “lovely” when she got back from school. Hubby also approved after his initial scepticism! I couldn’t see myself making this for breakfast (just not a morning person) but I think it would make a fabulous fat free dessert or just a great after school school snack.
For more smoothie goodness check out these recipes
5-a-Day Fruit Smoothie – Fab Food 4 All
Mango, Pineapple and Coconut Smoothie Bowl – Foodie Quine
Vegan Chocolate Smoothie Protein Bowl – Nadias Healthy Kitchen
Watermelon Smoothie Bowl – Eats Amazing
Are you new to smoothie bowls like me or do you have a favourite flavour combination? Do let me know in the comments!
Why not pin for later!
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- 1 mango cubed
- 1 small banana peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 kiwi fruits peeled & roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract paste or ¼ tsp coconut extract
- banana slices
- kiwi fruit slices
- desiccated coconut optional
- Place all the fruit, orange juice and coconut extract paste into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with the banana, kiwi slices and desiccated coconut if using.