Had a fridge full of various vegetables and a tin of butter beans so this is the result and I have to say that all plates were cleaned with vigour.
This dish is like a rainbow and is delicious with some wholemeal buttered crusty bread. Just scoop on and enjoy!
Try this dish with your own combination of vegetables or herbs. A great way to clear out the fridge from those odds and sods that get left over.
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 75g chorizo, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 150g / 6oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 400g tin butterbeans
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp rosemary, freshly chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 slices stale wholemeal bread
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Gently fry the onion, garlic, chorizo, carrot and leek for 4 minutes in the oil.
- Add the celery, mushrooms and courgettes and fry for a further 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an oven proof serving dish.
- Make topping by whizzing up bread with paprika, parmesan and olive oil.
- Spread over top and bake for 15 minutes until topping is crispy.