2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Gammon (Shredded Ham) is a ridiculously easy, delicious and versatile dish. Beautifully moist and with a hint of sweetness from the pineapple this pulled gammon can be served hot or cold. The leftovers can also be made into an array of other dishes.
Hands up who likes a really simple slow cooker recipe. Me too, which is why I’m sharing this 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Gammon (Shredded Ham) with you today! It’s a recipe that started off life as The Best Slow Cooker Gammon Recipe over on This Mummy, a blog that was run by Laurenne Hopkins. I have made this recipe many times over the years and even used it to make my Quiche Lorraine with Slow Cooked Gammon.
So fast forward to today and Laurenne is now running a fab new vegan blog called Laurenne Hopkins! Hence she has very kindly allowed me to share my version of her recipe with you. It would have been such a shame for this fab recipe to disappear so I’m very happy to carry the torch forward!
So how do you make 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Gammon?
Well it’s as easy as 1,2,3! First you put your gammon joint in the slow cooker.
Then you tip on a tin of pineapple chunks in juice.
Cook on high for 4 – 6 hrs on high or 6– 8 hrs on low.
Then once cooked pull or shred the gammon (ham) with 2 forks! How easy is that!
Can you eat the pineapple once the gammon has cooked?
Don’t get tempted to eat the pineapple, it’s purely to add sweetness to the gammon and will taste really salty. If you want to serve the pulled gammon with pineapple then fry some fresh pineapple rings (or tinned) in a little oil in a griddle pan for a couple of minutes each side.
How long does leftover pulled gammon (shredded ham) keep for?
It will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge or you can freeze it.
What recipes can you make with leftover pulled gammon (ham)?
I was going to make up a plate of gammon, pineapple, chips, egg and tomato but forgot the egg for the photo shoot! So just imagine the beautiful, round, fried egg if you will LOL! So that’s one idea but do check out the following ideas too:
- Quiche Lorraine with Slow Cooked Pulled Gammon
- Ham, Cheese & Sweetcorn Turnovers
- Cheat’s Croque Madame
- Curried Egg Mayonnaise with Ham & Sweetcorn
- Stuffed Potatoes with Ham & Spinach
- Ham Pate
- Lentil & Ham Soup
- Easy Split Pea Soup
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Soup
- One Pot Leftover Ham & Pea Pasta
- Spaghetti Casserole for leftover turkey or ham
- Speedy Ham and Egg Fried Rice
- Ham en Kaas Souttert
- Cheese, Ham & Potato Scone
What other simple slow cooker meat joint recipes are there?
- 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Roast Lamb
- Poor Man’s Crispy Duck (Pulled Hoisin Pork Tortillas)
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- Slow Cooker Turkey Crown
I do hope you try this 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Gammon as it’s a great family meal plus so easy and versatile. Don’t forget to tag @fabfood4all on social media if you’d like to share a photo of how you eat yours!
Pin for later!
2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Gammon (Shredded Ham)
- 1 – 1.5 kg boneless gammon I used a 30% lower salt joint
- 1 x 435 g tin of pineapple chunks in juice
- Place the gammon into the slow cooker.
- Pour the tin of pineapple and juice over the top.
- Cook on high for 4 – 6 hours or low for 6 – 8 hours.
- Check the gammon is cooked by inserting a skewer into it, (it should glide ior test by pulling some meat away with a fork.
- Remove the gammon from the slow cooker (discarding the pineapple and juicand pull the meat apart with 2 forks until it’s all shredded.
- Serve hot or cold.