Carrot and Parsley Soup – a delicious mix of carrots, parsley and garlic.
Finding myself with a glut of carrots and parsley I decided that the two must amalgamate in the form of a Carrot & Parsley Soup. Parsley is bursting with vitamins and minerals and is particularly beneficial for healthy skin and hair.
My chief taste tester (my husband) came back for another bowl full at lunch today and said it was as good as his favourite soup – praise indeed. This is my first soup invention and I feel a whole new series will follow!
No need to chop the carrots finely as your blender will smooth things out.
More vegetable soups for you to try!
- Cream of Leek, Potato & Carrot Soup
- Carrot & Coriander Soup
- Tomato, Carrot and Dill Soup
- Curried Root Vegetable Soup
- Curried Parsnip & Coriander Soup
- Beetroot & Black Cumin Soup
- Split Pea & Potato Soup
Carrot and Parsley Soup
- 30 g / 1oz Butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp Light olive oil
- 600 g / 1lb 6oz Carrots roughly chopped
- 2 Celery stalks chopped
- 1 Large onion finely diced
- 1 Large bunch flat leaf parsley 65g approx, head cut in three
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- 900 ml / 1 ½ pt Chicken or vegetable stock
- 200 ml / 7fl oz Milk
- In a large pan melt the butter and oil and soften the onion, garlic and celery for about 8 minutes on a low heat.
- Increase the heat and add the carrots and cook stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the carrots are cooked.
- Add the lightly chopped parsley and cook for about 1 minute until wilted.
- Allow to cool and blend until smooth.
- Put back on the heat and stir in the milk.
- Serve garnished with parsley or garlic croutons and plenty of crusty bread.