Chicken, Mushroom & Leeks in a Cream & White Wine Sauce is utterly delicious and perfect for a mid-week meal or entertaining. Great for using up leftover white wine and cream!
When I came up with this dish for dinner the other night I didn’t imagine what a hard time I would have naming it as it’s not exactly a short and snappy title! I settled with Chicken, Mushroom & Leeks in a Cream & White Wine Sauce because that’s exactly what it is!
I’m not much of a planner when it comes to cooking, I’m more of a Ready, Steady, Cook kinda gal! So I’ll take something out of the freezer the night before (or lunch time knowing me) and have a vague idea of what I’m going to make!
So the other night I had 4 chicken breasts and after a fridge raid I found mushroom, leeks, cream and white wine.
“Perfect” I thought, we don’t really drink wine (apart from the odd glass of fizz on special occasions) but I do love the flavour it gives to dishes.
If guests have ever left wine behind after a party I fill my ice cube trays with it and use it for cooking later. This also works with cider but it’s rare that a bottle of cider would go undrunk in our house.
Not that we drink very often, but I do love the taste of cider!
Anyway back to the Chicken, Mushroom & Leeks in a Cream & White Wine Sauce, (think I should give out prizes if anyone can remember the title LOL); my family were all very impressed and heaped praise on me for such a delicious midweek meal.
Good food doesn’t have to be complicated and with just a few quality ingredients you have the makings of an excellent meal!
More chicken dishes to inspire you!
- Chicken Leek & Pasta Bake – Fab Food 4 All
- Chicken with Pesto & Mozzarella – Fab Food 4 All
- Chicken Breast with Creamy Green Peppercorn Sauce – Greedy Gourmet
- Baked Chicken in a Dijon Mustard Sauce – Coffee & Vanilla
- Kavey’s Chicken Tarragon Pasta Bake – Kavey Eats
I’m sure you’ll love this chicken in white wine so do leave a comment and rating below when you make it. You can also share your pics by tagging @FabFood4All on Instagram or any other social media (I’m on all of them)!
Pin for later!
Chicken, Mushroom & Leeks in a Cream & White Wine Sauce
- 2 - 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 chicken breasts sliced (about 630 g)
- 2 medium leeks sliced
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 200 ml white wine
- 200 ml chicken stock made with 1 stock cube
- 200 ml single cream
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in large frying pan and fry the chicken (in 2 batches) until cooked through and slightly golden.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add another tbsp of oil if needed and fry the leeks and mushrooms until softened.
- Pour in the wine and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce.
- Place chicken back into the pan.
- Then add the chicken stock and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and pepper and heat through until piping hot.
- Serve on a bed of rice with vegetables of your choice.