This recipe is great when you are in a hurry but don’t want to compromise on taste or nutrition. I came up with the idea after making a ciabatta pizza. While the chicken is frying I put the pasta on to boil and throw a salad together, et voila, a simple delicious meal.
Chicken with Pesto and Mozzarella
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Jar of Green or Red Pesto
- 2-3 Vine ripened tomatoes sliced
- 125 g Ball of Mozzarella finely slice
- 2 tblsp Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat grill.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts in half if large.
- Fry gently on one side until chicken looks cooked half way up, then turn over and fry for the same amount of time until just firm to touch (with a utensil). Take off heat.
- Spread a heaped teaspoon or so of pesto on each piece of chicken and then layer on the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put pan under the grill until cheese has melted.
- Serve on a bed of pasta (pour over pan juices) with a mixed green salad.