Banana & Cacao Milkshake is the perfect pick-me-up. A nutritious and delicious way to give yourself or your kids an energy boost!
Today I’m sharing Banana & Cacao Milkshake.
Having felt completely run down with chronic hay fever lately (I think this is the worst year I can remember) my get up and go has been somewhat flagging.
So yesterday I looked around the kitchen for something to pick me up and spotted a bag of organic Cacao Powder I’d been sent.
I have never used cacao powder before but in a nutshell, it’s a less processed form of cocoa powder and is a great source of antioxidants and minerals, notably magnesium.
After a rake around my cupboards, I decided to keep things simple. Hence I started my foray into the world of cacao powder with Banana & Cacao Milkshake.
We seem to have gone milkshake mad lately since my Strawberry & Coconut Milkshake which we’ll often have as a dessert.
I whizzed up the ingredients and I have to say I loved the intensely chocolatey cacao flavour. It was somehow fresher tasting and the bitterness was offset by the sweetness of the banana and the ice cream.
After this milkshake, I had the energy to pick up my daughter from school, do a shop, do tea, and go to a school fair!
So as a pick me up, this Banana & Cacoa Milkshake ticked all the boxes and I’ll be making it again!
More Recipes using Cacao Powder
For more ideas on how to use Cacao, you might like to check out these recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Silken Tofu Pudding
- Raw Chocolate Cashew Spread
- Spirulina Energy Ball
- Cacoa Nib Cookies
- Roasted Beetroot & Raw Cacao Nib Cupcakes
- The Ultimate Chocolate Green Smoothie
More Smoothie and Milkshake Recipes
You should also try these Smoothies and Milkshakes!
- Strawberry & Coconut Milkshake
- Banana, Honey & Walnut Shake
- Black Forest & Banana Smoothie
- Pineapple & Coconut Smoothie
I’m sure you’ll love my energy-boosting Banana & Cacao Milkshake and don’t forget to check out my other shakes and smoothies!
Do leave a comment and rating below when you’ve made this recipe as I love getting your feedback! You can also share your pictures by tagging @FabFood4All over on Instagram.
Banana & Cacao Milkshake
- 1 stick blender
- 1 Measuring jug
- 1 Tall glass
- 1 Banana
- 130 ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp Organic cacao powder
- 90 g Premium quality vanilla ice cream
- Cacao nibs for decoration optional
- Break up the banana and put all the ingredients into a blender (or use a stick blender and beaker) and whiz up until smooth. If you prefer a thinner shake just add a little more milk.
- Pour into 1 large or 2 small glasses and decorate with cacao nibs if desired.