Kids love Chocolate Cupcakes and this delicious recipe is simple enough for them to make! I think grown-ups will be all over them too!
I don’t know about your children but whenever mine want to bake it invariably has to involve chocolate! Well I say that, my son has only ever baked one cake at home (chocolate) for a science lesson, but my daughter is a very keen baker and if it doesn’t involve chocolate she’s not happy!
With the summer holidays having already started for some and about to start this week for others I thought it would be good to share these simple Chocolate Cupcakes recipe with you that my 10 year daughter made recently. I adapted it from the The Complete Cookbook (Colour Library Books 1988) a recent charity shop find and changed the topping which wasn’t very child friendly!
I think children of all ages will be able to have a go at these chocolate cupcakes with just a little extra help for the very young.
Why not invite your children’s friends around to help and then they can have a tea party in the garden or take the cakes off on a picnic. Not only are these cakes simple to make but they taste really good and very chocolatey! Hopefully they will encourage your children to venture into further culinary adventures in the kitchen if they’ve not had much experience until now.
Here are a few other child friendly recipes they might also like to try:
- Chocolate Drizzle Flapjack – Fab Food 4 All
- How to Make Fondant Rose Biscuits – Fab Food 4 All
- Cheese Scones – Tinned Tomatoes
- Easy Bake Sale Brownies – Feeding Boys and a Firefighter
- Home Made Fab Ice Lollies – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Plant Pot Bread – A Mummy Too
- No Bake Simple and Effective Castle Cake – Fuss Free Flavours
- Mars Bar Krispies – Greedy Gourmet
I’m sure you and your kids will absolutely love these easy chocolate cupcakes!
Do share your creations with me by tagging @FabFood4All on social media as I love seeing my recipes come to life. Then leave a comment and rating below to really make my day:-)
- 85 g Self-raising flour
- 30 g Cocoa powder
- 115 g Soft margarine
- 115 g Caster sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- Large knob of unsalted butter
- Smarties/sweets to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Line 2 cup cake trays with 18 paper cake cases (the small ones ie not muffin size).
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into a bowl and add all the other ingredients.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Spoon into the paper cake cases.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 13 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean or cakes spring back to the touch.
- Allow the cakes to sit for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- To make the topping break the chocolate up into a glass bowl with the butter and melt it over a pan of simmering water stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Use a teaspoon to decorate the cakes with the chocolate topping, giving a little swirl with the back of the spoon to spread it out evenly and then add a Smartie/sweet to finish.