Diamond Jubilee Pavlova has a Union Jack design made of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries which sit on a bed of whipped cream and sliced banana. This utterly delicious dessert can now be served as a Platinum Jubilee Pavlova!
I was so very heartened by the popularity of my Diamond Jubilee Cupcakes that I thought that I would adapt an old favourite to give it a patriotic makeover so here is my Diamond Jubilee Pavlova!
Chopped bananas hide in the cream and compliment the fresh regal fruits above.
I have adapted a Pavlova recipe from The Dairy Book of Family Cookery which was produced to celebrate the anniversary of the Milk Marketing Board. The forward in the book was written by HRH The Duchess of Kent so I feel this recipe was destined to be royal.
After whisking the egg whites and sugar and adding the vanilla extract and vinegar the meringue is spread out on the baking paper to form a circle.
Cook the meringue until firm to the touch.
This Diamond Jubilee Pavlova won’t hang around for long!
More Jubilee Recipes
Here are some more sweet treats that you could serve at your Platinum Jubilee Street Party:
- Diamond Jubilee Cupcakes
- Victoria Sandwich
- Rhubarb & Blueberry Tarte Tatin with Union Jack pattern
- Eton Mess Pots
- Cheat’s Platinum Jubilee Pudding – Lemon Swiss Roll & Amaretti Trifle
- Queen of Puddings
I’m sure you’ll love this Pavlova which should really be called the Platinum Jubilee Pavlova now! Do leave a comment and rating and let me know what you though!
You can also share your pictures with me by tagging @FabFood4All on Instagram!
Pin this Platinum Jubilee Pavlova for later!
Originally published 28 May 2012 & updated 21/05/2022
Diamond Jubilee Pavlova
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 grams / 9oz caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 300 millilitres 10 fl oz Whipping Cream
- 2 small bananas chopped
- 13 strawberries (depending on size, perhaps more)
- 12 raspberries
- 32 blueberries (depending on size, perhaps more)
- Draw a 23cm (9 inch) circle on non-stick paper and place on a baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt until very stiff, then gradually whisk in the sugar.
- Beat until it forms stiff peaks again.
- Fold in the vanilla extract and vinegar.
- Spread the meringue mixture over the circle and bake in the oven at 140°C for about 1 hour until firm.
- Leave to cool.
- Then carefully remove the paper and place the Pavlova on a plate.
- Whip the fresh cream until stiff then fold in the chopped banana and pile on to the meringue (spreading evenly) .
- Finally use the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries to form a Union Jack pattern on top of the cream.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve (covered with a large bowl).