Mini Egg Chocolate Rice Crispy Cake is so simple yet so delicious. Striking and yet easy enough for a child to make. It’s great for Easter, Mother’s Day, or a Birthday party!
Today I’m sharing with you my Mini Egg Chocolate Rice Crispy Cake!
With Mother’s Day and Easter fast approaching, I thought it would be good to come up with something that kids can easily make that tastes great and looks fab too!
I was wandering around my local supermarket when the Rice Krispies caught my eye and they brought back memories of a chocolate crispy cake my mum used to buy for me as a kid.
The supermarket version was a very shallow affair so I thought that it would be fun to make a deep Mini Egg Chocolate Rice Crispy Cake.
I did briefly think of adding marshmallows but then my vegetarian daughter reminded me that she wouldn’t be able to eat said cake if I used them, so I left them out.
I wasn’t sure if this cake would cut well or fracture but nothing ventured, nothing gained is my motto in the kitchen.
I needn’t have worried however as bar the odd crumb it cut well with a sharp knife.
I used a ratio of 2 to 1 dark chocolate to milk chocolate which worked well. However, if you wanted to make this suitable for vegans you could use all dark chocolate, vegan spread, and dark chocolate mini eggs to decorate.
To say my daughter and hubby were champing at the bit to have a slice of my Mini Egg Chocolate Crispy Cake is an understatement.
While I was taking the shots I just kept hearing “Haven’t you finished yet?”. Finally, it was time to put the kettle on and tuck in. Both my husband and daughter gave it a big thumbs up.
My son came home from university last night and he also loved it, yes we did leave him a slice!
I do hope you or your kids make my Mini Egg Chocolate Rice Crispy cake which would also be great at a kids’ birthday party.
More Recipes using Mini Eggs
- Easter Chocolate Granola Cakes
- Mini Egg Chocolate Granola Bites
- Caramel Ice Cream with Easter Eggs
- Creme Egg Chocolate Fudge
- Mini Egg Chocolate Pavlovas
- No Bake Chocolate Easter Fridge Cake
- Mini Egg Chocolate Covered Blondies
- Surprise Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Easter Egg Tiffin
I’m sure you and your family will love this super easy rice krispie chocolate cake with mini eggs!
Do leave a comment and rating below when you’ve made this recipe as I love getting your feedback! You can also share your pictures by tagging @FabFood4All over on Instagram.
Pin for later!
Mini Egg Chocolate Rice Crispy Cake
- 75 g unsalted butter or vegan spread
- 200 g dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 100 g milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 125 g Rice Krispies
- 13 Mini Eggs milk or dark chocolate
- Grease and line a 20 cm loose bottomed round cake tin.
- Place a large bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Place butter and chocolate piece into the bowl and once they start melting turn off the heat.
- Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies until evenly coated.
- Spoon mixture into cake tin and pat down evenly with a spatula.
- Decorate with the Mini Eggs.
- Place in fridge to set.
- Cut into slices and serve.