This delicious Quick & Easy Raspberry Jam will have you emptying the jar in no time – seriously good! Made with just 3 ingredients in under 10 minutes with no added pectin.
Last week I stumbled across £11 worth of raspberries for 11 pence so today I’m bringing you Quick & Easy Raspberry Jam which as usual uses no commercial pectin or jam sugar just lemon juice which helps with the gel formation.
I prefer to keep my jams as natural as possible with a soft set so always use lemon juice to aid the setting and I think it probably gives jams a more vibrant flavour and colour.
As my raspberries were a day past their sell by date (by the time I used them) I not only needed to rinse them but needed to bathe them in a large salad spinner full of water to help me pick out the bad ones. There were 100 g of iffy raspberries which left me with 800g.
It’s usually best to make jam with ‘just ripe’ fruit as the pectin levels are higher but at this price I wasn’t going to be fussy, plus raspberries don’t contain much pectin to start with.
So given the age and wetness of my raspberries (even after spinning) I think my jam took longer than usual to get to setting point. Hence I have advised testing from 7 minutes in the recipe to take this into account.
My whole family were blown away by my Quick & Easy Raspberry Jam, it’s seriously good. If you compare it to shop bought jam, well, there is no comparison! If you’ve never made jam before then you really need to change this state of affairs to start enjoying jam at its best!
Previously I’ve made Seedless Raspberry Jam as a treat for hubby but even though he doesn’t like seeds he was soon tucking into this jam with a scone and thoroughly enjoying it!
Here are some more raspberry jam recipes:
- Easy Seedless Raspberry Jam – Fab Food 4 All
- Raspberry & Chocolate Jam – Fab Food 4 All
- Raspberry & Blackcurrant Jam – Fab Food 4 All
- Blackberry & Raspberry Jam – Fab Food 4 All
- Strawberry, Raspberry & Redcurrant Jam – Fab Food 4 All
- Tutti Frutti Jam – Fab Food 4 All
- Morello Cherry & Raspberry Jam – The Veg Space
Do leave a comment and rating below when you make this raspberry jam.
Better still share a picture by tagging @FabFood4All on social media as I love seeing my recipes come to life!
Pin for later!
Quick & Easy Raspberry Jam - no pectin
- 800 g raspberries rinsed and dried
- 700 g granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice into a preserving pan or similar.
- Place pan over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally, until all the sugar crystals have dissolved. You can usually tell by running a wooden spoon over the bottom of the pan.
- Bring the pan to a rolling boil and time for 7 minutes.
- Take pan off the heat and place a few drops of jam onto a chilled saucer.
- Place saucer in fridge for about a minute.
- Test the set by running your finger through the jam, if it forms a crinkle and is jel like then the jam is ready to pot up.
- If the jam isn’t ready continue boiling for another 2 minutes at a time and re-test until ready (mine took 9 minutes).
- Use a small ladle to pot up the jam in sterilised jars and seal with lids immediately – makes 2 jars (900 mls in total).
- Store in a cool dark place and refrigerate once opened.
Sterilise 2 x 450 ml jars by washing in hot soapy water (or take straight from dishwasher), fill with boiling water, empty and then place in oven for 20 minutes at 140°C where you leave them until the jam is ready. Washed lids should be sterilised with boiling water and then left to drain.