Strawberry, Raspberry & Redcurrant Jam is utterly delicious, uses no added pectin and is great way to preserve a glut of summer fruits!
It appears I have become a jam maker this summer so I’m sorry if jam is not your thing! Even my daughter has got the bug by proxy, so when we went fruit picking recently instead of thinking about eating the fruits of our labour when we got home we had jam on our minds.
So that’s how this Strawberry, Raspberry & Redcurrant Jam came to be!
This is really a Strawberry Jam with benefits. The benefits being the raspberries and redcurrants!
It seems that the combinations of fruits are endless and there really are no rules about what goes with what, mother nature has done all the hard work. I do know that barely ripe fruits are best for jam making so picking your own fruit and then making it straight into jam is ideal.
Should you wash fruit for jam making?
I did have the dilemma as to whether I should wash my raspberries and in the end decided that as I’d picked really firm, only just ripe ones I would (I span them dry in my herb spinner which worked well). I don’t like the thought of pesticides in my jam especially for my children.
However, it is important not to have wet fruit or it will affect the set of your jam. Kitchen roll or an old tea towel are also good for drying fruit.
I was very pleased with this jam as the redcurrants gave the jam a fresh tang and we all enjoyed it on my Spelt & Wholemeal No-knead Loaf which I made with white and wholemeal flour for a change.
As it’s summer holiday time, forgive me for not doing the usual step by step guide, I think you can refer to all my other jam posts if you’d like to see one.
More delicious Berry Jam Recipes:
- Rhubarb & Strawberry Jam
- Strawberry & Peach Jam
- Quick & Easy Raspberry Jam
- Easy Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Tutti Frutti Jam
- Simple Blueberry Jam
- Summer Fruits Jam
- Raspberry & Blackcurrant Jam
- Blackberry & Raspberry Jam
- Blackberry & Apple Jam
- Quick & Easy Raspberry Jam
- Mixed Berry Jam
- Chocolate Blackberry Jam
Do let me know if you make this easy, no added pectin, berry jam! Tag @FabFood4All on social media, I love seeing my creations come to life!
Pin for later!
Strawberry, Raspberry & Redcurrant Jam
- 385 g strawberries halve any big ones
- 130 g redcurrants
- 130 g raspberries
- 650 g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice + ½ lemon skin
- 10 g butter
- Prepare the fruit the night before by washing and drying thoroughly putting in a glass bowl with the sugar, lemon juice and lemon skin.
- The next day put 3 saucers in the freezer for testing the set.
- Put the fruit mixture into a preserving pan and slowly heat to dissolve all the sugar crystals.
- Then bring the pan to a rolling boil and time for 10 minutes, then take off the heat.
- Put a drop of jam on a cold saucer and leave for a couple of minutes then run your finger through it. If it’s ready it will crinkle slightly.
- If it’s not ready boil for another 2 minutes at a time and repeat the test.
- Once ready remove scum with a spoon and stir through the butter to remove the excess. (I found this jam particularly scummy).
- Ladle the jam into warm sterilized jars and seal with a lid immediately. If using wax discs put them on the hot jam let the jam cool and then put on the cellophane lids with elastic bands.