You may have been following my bargain buys over on Facebook or Instagram (#FabFoodBargains) which has lead to a lot of recipe development, so much that I have have lost track! So yesterday I found a recipe for Kale Soup in my notepad which I’d forgotten what the family thought of, so with another bag of 1p yes 1p Curly Kale in the fridge as well as all the other ingredients I set about recreating and re-shooting it (turns out I’d deleted all my previous images)!
Well it was delicious and hubby approved whole heartedly when he had it for lunch and my son had a portion later that evening and said it was “yummy” and he’s usually the one to say “not another green soup”! I don’t like the term “clean eating” but you do almost feel cleansed after eating this simple yet delicious soup which is packed full of nutrients, fibre and low in fat!
I do hope you try this soup for yourself (even if you can’t find Curly Kale for 1p) it’s well worth making! And if you’re on instagram why don’t you tag me @FabFood4All on instagram and use the tag #FabFoodBargains – I’d love to see your bargain finds or you can find me on twitter at the same ID:-)
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Celery sticks, chopped
- 4 Medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g Curly kale, chopped
- 700 mls Vegetable stock
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sweat under a lid for about 10 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Mix in the kale and sweat under lid for about another 5 minutes, stirring once or twice until wilted.
- Add the stock and pepper (I found there was no need to add salt as it's in the stock), bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend to desired consistency, it's nice if it still has some texture to it.
- Serve with crusty bread.
For more Curly Kale recipes you might like to check these out from fellow bloggers:
Green Soup with Sea Spaghetti – Fab Food 4 All
Roast Okra and Fish Curry with Garlic Kale – Recipes from a Pantry
Warm Spinach Bacon & Kale Salad – Munchies & Munchkins
Kale & Giant Couscous Tabouleh – From the Healthy Heart
Kale & Barley Salad with Teriyaki Salmon (plus more ideas) – Botanical Kitchen
Miso Muffins with Kale, Carrot & Courgette – Tin & Thyme
Borlotti & Red Wine Pie topped with Kale Mash – The Veg Space
Breakfast Eggs with Kale & Carrot – Coffee & Vanilla
I’m entering my Kale Soup into the following challenges:
Meat Free Mondays run by Tinned Tomatoes