It’s time to look back at the Fab Food 4 All highlights of 2015, find out your top 10 recipes and also showcase 30 fellow food bloggers’ most popular recipes!
Top 10 Most Viewed Recipes of 2015
4. Damson Jam
6. Monday Pie
As you can see 5 out of the 10 top viewed recipes were for jam which makes me very happy. When I started making jam it just took me over and I actually thought that my infatuation would turn regular readers away. How wrong was I, it just goes to show that if you are passionate about something then there will be others out there who share your passion. I’m not one for following fashion or trying to do things that I think will be popular, this blog is just a reflection of the dishes that we like to eat, that fit into a busy lifestyle and that won’t break the bank.
A few Highlights of 2015
Back in February my Nutella Brioche Pudding was picked by The Guardian to be featured in their readers recipe swap where the topic was “Stale”.
In June I nearly fell over when I discovered that I’d been nominated in the MAD Blog Awards in the Best Food Blog category. I can’t tell you what a shock this was as I thought I needed to put my name forward to even be considered, so to find that the public had nominated Fab Food 4 All in great numbers was truly humbling and if you were one of the people who nominated me then I thank you, this alone made me feel like a winner!
Back in June I was very excited to be featured in The Sun in the Mrs Crunch column with some of my money saving tips!
In September I was very pleased to meet the lovely and extremely funny John Whaite who dazzled the crowds with his culinary skills at the Woking Food Festival. I love that as a food blogger I can walk up to well known foodies and there’s just an instant common bond which there wouldn’t be if I were to walk up to say a movie star.
This month I found out I was in the Tots 100 “Top 10 Family Food Blogs of 2015” which was a real thrill and a nice way to round of the year.
This was the year that I got 6 photographs of my dishes accepted by Food Gawker, I think my new camera really did pay off. My aim for 2016 is to get many more pictures accepted!
Finally, I had my Spicy Banana & Mango Chutney featured on FeedFeed which probably won’t mean much to most of you but like Food Gawker they only feature the best of the best so again I was over the moon!
Brands I worked with in 2015
I’d like to thank all the brands that I worked with during 2015 who enable me to do the best job in the world, creating and developing recipes! So take a bow:
Go Compare, Lindemans, SPAM Chopped Pork & Ham,a2 Milk,Traidcraft, Schwartz, Oreo, Expedia, Bacofoil, Thermapen, McCain, Typhoo, SimplyCook, Caprera, Wayfair, Danone Activia, JD Sports, Oxo Good Grips, Brabantia, Tefal, Edge of Belgravia, Sage by Heston Blumenthal, Fudge Kitchen, VonShef and Joseph Joseph.
30 Food Bloggers’ Most Popular Recipes of 2015
I asked some fellow food bloggers what their most popular recipe was this year and here are the results:
- Spiced Golden Turmeric Milk – Food to Glow
- Maple Cinnamon Chia Overnight Oats – Chicago Jogger
- Healthy Banana Cookie – Tasting Page
- Double Chocolate Malteser Tray Bake – Jo’s Kitchen
- Crunchie Macarons – Emily’s Recipes
- Chocolate Caramel Malteser Cake – Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Angel Cake Slices – Penne for your Thoughts
- Nutella Cupcakes, 3 Ingredients – Family Food Friends
- Copy Cat Starbucks Mini Lemon Loaves – Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks – Tin & Thyme
- Slow Cooker Chocolate and Mint Aero Bubble Cake – BakingQueen74
- Easy Ginger Cake – Fuss Free Flavours
- Slow Cooker Golden Syrup Suet Pudding – Munchies & Munchkins
- Classic Pancakes – Little Sunny Kitchen
- This is the Best Pumpkin Pie – Life Currents
- Frozen Fruity Yogurt Bites – Eats Amazing
- Asian Style Salmon & Noodle Broth – Gingey Bites
- Chilli Peanut Vietnamese Spring Rolls – The Veg Space
- Slow Cooker Rolled Brisket with Red Wine and Thyme – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Slow Cooker Irn Bru Pulled Pork – Foodie Quine
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken – Hungry Healthy Happy
- Kavey’s Chicken Tarragon Pasta Bake – Kavey Eats
- Tandoori Chicken – Divya’s Culinary Journey
- Chicken Tikka Massala – Culinary Ginger
- The Irish Burger – The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Out of the 30 most popular dishes only ten are savoury so that’s very interesting plus the slow cooker recipes seem very popular which is great to know as I’ve just had a new bigger, round slow cooker for Christmas and look forward to making new dishes in it!
So it just leaves me to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year and thank you for all your comments, e-mails and general support whether you are a reader, a fellow blogger or a brand as without all of you there would be no Fab Food 4 All. I look forward to an exciting new year and wonder what highlights I will be writing about this time next year? If your favourite recipe isn’t in my Top 10 then do let me know in the comments which is yours or are there any dishes you’d like to see featured in 2016?