Moist and delicious, 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Roast Lamb is prepared in seconds. You won’t want to roast a leg of lamb in any other way once you’ve tried this easy slow cooker roast!
Today I’m sharing my stupidly easy plus utterly moist and delicious 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Roast Lamb.
As we head into summer and look forward to balmy hot days I really don’t want to spend much time cooking or switch the oven on in an already hot kitchen. Last Sunday it was a sweltering day and I had a virus. The last thing I wanted to do was cook or wash up lots of greasy, burnt pans but I had a half a leg of lamb that needed cooking.
So instead of roasting it in the oven along with potatoes I decided a less messy and cooler solution would be to roast my half leg of lamb in the slow cooker and to make ActiFry roast potatoes. Then all I had to do was boil/steam some vegetables and make some gravy.
In the past I have made cuts into the lamb joint and inserted garlic and fresh rosemary.
However, this really was one of those days where even the bare minimum was a huge effort. Hence, I decided that hubby’s idea of just sprinkling over a lamb stock cube for a bit of flavour enhancement sounded like a fab idea.
If you have a cook’s syringe or one of those fancy jugs that separates the fat from the meat juices then you can add the juices to your gravy for a great flavour boost.
We were all in food heaven eating our lamb Sunday roast, the meat was really tender and falling off the bone and the the stock cube really enhanced the lamb flavour!
I was very happy to not have messed up my oven with all the lamb fat and there were no cumbersome roasting tins to wash up.
So summer or winter I will definitely be using the slow cooker to roast all my lamb joints from now on and it’s so energy efficient too!
Do you need to brown the lamb before slow cooking?
No, there’s no need to brown the lamb before slow cooking as the stock cube forms a lovely golden finish to the skin.
Do you need any added liquid to slow cook leg of lamb?
No, the leg of lamb will cook in it’s own juices to render beautifully tender meat.
How long does slow cooker half leg of lamb take to cook?
On high 3 1/2 – 4 hours and on low 7 – 8 hours.
How can you adapt this slow cooked roast lamb recipe?
If you have a bit more time then you could makes some cuts into the lamb and add garlic cloves (side sliced in half) and sprigs of rosemary for a delicious alternative.
More Slow Cooker Meat Recipes
I do hope you try my super easy 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Roast Lamb which is perfect to throw together before you go out for the day. For more delicious slow cooked meat recipes you might like to check out the following:
- Slow Cooked Pulled Lamb with White Wine & Root Vegetables – Fab Food 4 All
- Slow Cooker Shoulder of Lamb with Apricot & Chestnut Stuffing – Fab Food 4 All
- 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Gammon – Fab Food 4 All
- Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew – Fab Food 4 All
- Slow Cooked Beef & Butternut Squash – Fab Food 4 All
- Beef in Beer – Fab Food 4 All
- Slow Cooked Chicken Italian – Fab Food 4 All
- Chicken Casserole & Cheesy Herb Dumplings – Fab Food 4 All
- Poor Man’s Crispy Duck (Pulled Hoisin Pork Tortillas) – Fab Food 4 All
- Slow Cooker Roast Chicken – Munchies & Munchkins
- Slow Cooker Roast Pork with Sage & Onion – BakingQueen74
- Sweet & Sour Slow Cooked Pork – Recipes Made Easy
If you have any slow cooked roast lamb leftover then you really need to make Lamb Burning Love! A simple but incredibly yummy dish from my childhood!
I’ve recently been asked “how long will a 2 kg leg of lamb take to slow cook”?
On low I suggest 9 – 10 hours and on high 5 – 6 hours!
Do you cook joints in your slow cooker? Do let me know your favourite tips and tricks in the comments!
I’m sure you’ll love my 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Roast Lamb so do leave a comment and rating below when you make it! Plus share your pics by tagging @FabFood4All on social media, I love to share them!
Pin for later!
2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Roast Lamb
- 1 kg ½ leg of lamb (for bigger joint see notes below)
- 1 lamb stock cube
- Place lamb joint in slow cooker and crumble over stock cube.
- Place lid on and cook for 3 ½ to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low.
- Serve with vegetables and gravy of your choice.